Sunday, December 2, 2012

Merry Tuba Christmas, 2012!

Today was our annual Tuba Christmas celebration at the Railroad Plaza of Lansdale, PA, where we had a great showing of Sousaphones, along with about 70 tubas, euphoniums, and baritones:

Rehearsing at the local Fire Department an hour ahead of time

Between songs out on the Railroad Plaza - the weather was great!
The horn I am playing (the one with a wreath on the bell on the right) is a 1927 Pan American 64K Sousaphone that my son and I acquired for free almost exactly a year ago. After a massive cleanup job, and having a new neck tenon soldered on, we discovered that it played great, and today was its first public appearance:


One of my friends, with whom I play tuba in our local community concert band, brought his circa 1919 Buescherphone:

No comments:

Post a Comment