Thursday, July 6, 2023

Sousaphone-related children's book!

While helping my parents further simplify their lives this past week, I found this book among the six or so boxes of children's books from when my now 88-year-old mother taught pre-school years ago. Most of the books will be donated to libraries or local schools, but this one stays with me, for obvious reasons!

The storyline is about two weasels who steal the Sousaphone and bass drum that were among the instruments a little town had just purchased to form a community brass band. Not a gripping read, but the illustrations are delightful - except you'll notice that the Sousaphone, in most pictures, rests on the right shoulder, which is not how they are configured.

But hey, the big horn is at the heart of the story, so I'll put up with the artistic license!







No comments:

Post a Comment